Capt. Dave’s Dolphin & Whale Watching Safari
March 7, 8, 14, 15
Capt. Dave’s Dolphin & Whale Watching Safari
Join Dana Point’s number one rated whale watching experience!
Bring the kids, family, and friends for a chance to get up-close and personal with gentle gray whales, as well as fin whales, humpback whales, minke whales, killer whales, and more, plus five different species of amazing wild dolphins, including mega-pods that can number in the thousands! You could also see sea lions and seals, pelagic birds, and various species of fish including sharks.
Save $10.00 on each full fare adult and child ticket aboard our Dolphin & Whale Signature Safari or Zodiac Safari when you reserve online. Use code: FOW20. Discount good on trips departing March 1, 2020 through March 30, 2020. Discount not applicable on private charters and cannot be combined with other offers.
ABOUT OUR TRIPS
We depart from Dana Point, the Dolphin and Whale Watching Capital of the World!® All of our remarkable experiences have live narration from expert naturalists and Mrs. Capt. Dave’s legendary Triple Fudge Brownies as a special treat at the end of your trip.
Dolphin & Whale Signature Safari on MANUTE’A – Our Most Popular Experience
Duration: 2.5 hours
Cost: $65 per adult (age 13 & up), $45 per child (1 – 12), $5 per infant (up to 12 mo.)
• Catamaran sailboat. Super stable!
• Two Eye-to-Eye Underwater Viewing Pods. Go underwater, and without getting wet, feel what it’s like to swim with dolphins and whales.
• Originators of the Eye-Spy viewing platform! 3 Eye-Spy Dolphin & Whale Tram Nets put wildlife inches below your feet.
• Up to 49 passengers with plenty of elbow room and comfortable seating for all.
• Micro-museum with whale and dolphin artifacts.
Zodiac Dolphin & Whale Safari on FAST CAT – Our Fastest Experience
Duration: 2 hours
Cost: $65 per person (age 8 & up)
• Small group tour of up to 12 passengers.
• Close to the water rectangular bow puts wildlife at your fingertips.
• Rigid hull inflatable catamaran. Super stable!
• The fastest whale watching boat in Dana Point! More speed equals more whales and dolphins.
• Upscale vessel with large sunshade and heavily padded seats and seat backs.
Why Captain Dave’s? Because you and your family deserve the very best!
• Five-star customer ratings, the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for 10 consecutive years, and a proud recipient of the TripAdvisor Hall of Fame award since it’s inception.
• Our trips to see dolphins and whales are the highest rated in Dana Point according to Yelp, Google, and TripAdvisor. We offer the best customer service!
• Customized vessels and exclusive features including Eye-to-Eye Underwater Viewing Pods, Eye-Spy Tram Nets, micro-museum with whale and dolphin artifacts and more.
• Captain Dave’s unique catamarans are never crowded with a maximum of 12 to 49 passengers, depending on the vessel, for an intimate whale watching experience.
• We are a real eco-tourism company providing only sustainable wildlife viewing. No fishing = no animal bycatch and less ocean pollution.
• Our knowledgeable marine naturalists explain how these animals live for a fun and educational oceanic adventure that adults and children of all ages will love.
• Captain Dave and rescue team members have been recognized worldwide for their conservation and whale rescue efforts.
• Mrs. Captain Dave’s famously yummy Triple Fudge Brownies are served complimentary on every whale watching trip.
• Home of Dana Point’s most viewed YouTube Channel with over 31 million views, featuring breathtaking footage of whales, dolphins, sharks, and more. Subscribe to our channel!
• We give back to both the community via meal packing and donations and by partnering with like-minded organizations such as Sea Shepherd and Dolphin Project for fundraising.
Captain Dave is a marine naturalist, passionate conservationist, photographer, award winning filmmaker and author, and whale watching captain. A founder of Orange County’s first whale disentanglement group, Captain Dave was a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show to raise awareness of bycatch from fishing gear entanglement. He is often called upon as an authority on wild dolphins and whales, and was a keynote speaker at the LA Drone Expo for his spectacular use of drones to film whales and dolphins in his acclaimed video “Drones Over Dolphin Stampede and Whales off Dana Point and Maui”. Videos and photographs from Captain Dave’s safaris have been featured on ABC’s Good Morning America, CBS This Morning, NBC Nightly News, and The Today Show, Discovery Channel, National Geographic and in feature films including the Academy Award nominated film, Racing Extinction.