Dolphin Safari Whale Watching and More
March 2, 3, 9, 10
Captain Dave’s Dolphin & Whale Watching Safari – Join Orange County’s number one rated whale watching tour on TripAdvisor, Google, and Yelp.
Bring the kids, family, and friends for a chance to get up close and personal with gentle gray whales as well as fin whales, humpback whales, minke whales, killer whales, and more, plus five different species of amazing wild dolphins, including mega-pods that can number in the thousands! We also see sea lions and seal, pelagic birds, and various species of fish including sharks.
**SPECIAL OFFER**Save $10.00 on each full fare adult and child ticket aboard our Dolphin & Whale Signature Safari when you reserve online. Use code: FOW19. Discount good March 1, 2019 through May 15, 2019. Discount not applicable on private charters and cannot be combined with other offers. Book online now.
ABOUT OUR TRIPS
All safaris have live narration from expert naturalists and Mrs. Capt. Dave’s legendary Triple Fudge Brownies as a special treat at the end of your trip.
Dolphin & Whale Signature Safari Aboard MANUTE’A – Our Most Popular Experience
Duration: 2.5 hours
Cost: $65 per adult (13 & up), $45 per child (1 – 12), $5 per infant (up to 12 mo.)
• Catamaran sailboat. Super stable!
• Two exclusive Eye-to-Eye Underwater Viewing Pods. Go underwater, and without getting wet, feel what it’s like to swim with dolphins and whales.
• Originators of the Eye-Spy viewing platform! 3 Eye-Spy Dolphin & Whale Tram Nets put wildlife inches below your feet.
• Up to 49 passengers with plenty of elbow room and comfortable seating for all.
Zodiac Dolphin & Whale Signature Safari Aboard FAST CAT
Duration: 2 hours
Cost: $65 per person
• Rigid hull inflatable catamaran. Super stable!
• Small group tour of up to 12 passengers.
• The fastest whale watching boat in Dana Point! More speed equals more whales and dolphins.
• Upscale vessel with large sunshade and heavily padded seats and seat backs.
Why Captain Dave’s?
Because you and your family deserve the very best!
• Five-star rating and Dana Point’s #1 Dolphin & Whale Watching activity on TripAdvisor. We’re also a proud two-time recipient of the TripAdvisor Hall of Fame award for having received a Certificate of Excellence for 9 consecutive years.
• Our trips to see dolphins and whales are the highest rated in Dana Point according to Yelp, Google, and TripAdvisor. We offer the best customer service!
• Customized vessels and exclusive features including Eye-to-Eye Underwater Viewing Pods, Eye-Spy Tram Nets, underwater hydrophone, micro-museum with whale and dolphin artifacts and more.
• Captain Dave’s unique catamarans are never crowded with a maximum of 12 to 49 passengers, depending on the vessel, for an intimate whale watching experience.
• We are a real eco-tourism company providing only sustainable wildlife viewing. No fishing = no animal bycatch and less ocean pollution.
• Our knowledgeable marine naturalists explain how these animals live for a fun and educational oceanic adventure that adults and children of all ages will love.
• Captain Dave and rescue team members have been recognized worldwide for their conservation and whale rescue efforts.
• Mrs. Captain Dave’s famously yummy Triple Fudge Brownies are served complimentary on every whale watching trip.
• Home of Dana Point’s most viewed YouTube Channel with over 30.6 million views, featuring Captain Dave’s award winning (Phinfest 2015) drone footage of whales and dolphins. Subscribe to our channel!
Captain Dave is a marine naturalist, passionate conservationist, photographer, award winning filmmaker and author, and whale watching captain. A founder of Orange County’s first whale disentanglement group, Captain Dave was a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show to raise awareness of bycatch from fishing gear entanglement. He is often called upon as an authority on wild dolphins and whales, and was a keynote speaker at the LA Drone Expo for his spectacular use of drones to film whales and dolphins in his acclaimed video “Drones Over Dolphin Stampede and Whales off Dana Point and Maui”. Videos and photographs from Captain Dave’s safaris have been featured on ABC’s Good Morning America, CBS This Morning, NBC Nightly News, and The Today Show, Discovery Channel, National Geographic and in feature films including the Academy Award nominated film, Racing Extinction.
Capt. Dave’s Under the Sea Eco Carnival 12 PM to 2 PM – It is adventure time again with Captain Dave and his crew! Join us at our carnival, and learn how you can do your part to keep our ocean clean while still having fun. Bounce the day away in our under the sea bounce houses, have fun at our selfie station, come see how much waste we can fit in our fluke, and learn about different ways we can recycle household items. Dive deep with Captain Dave’s one-of-a-kind Underwater Viewing Pod simulation to see what it’s like to bow-ride with some of Dana Point’s most beautiful inhabitants while you wait for a chance to get your face painted. All ages are welcome! Carnival entry is FREE, face painting available for a small fee.
Capt. Dave Presents Entangled Whales: What Can We Do? 2 PM to 3 PM – Join Captain Dave Anderson for an informative presentation about whale entanglement and rescue. Learn about recent disentanglements that Captain Dave and others were hands-on involved with. You’ll discover more about what is being done to help these animals, and also what you can to do to make a difference. Throughout the presentation you’ll enjoy amazing rescue footage and drone video, and have the opportunity to look at and touch the special equipment used to help entangled whales.
Captain Dave believes it is critical to let people know that that nearly 1,000 dolphins and whales are estimated to die every day worldwide in fishing gear entanglement. He has been able to share this information through many of the television shows he has been featured on such as The Ellen Show, CBS this Morning, National Geographic, the Today Show and many others, and through his book and his videos which have reached over 25 million views on YouTube.
Captain Dave organized Orange County’s first whale disentanglement group in 2008. As part of a network of NOAA trained disentanglement teams he has been hands-on involved with multiple disentanglement efforts in coordination with NOAA. Captain Dave is also a marine naturalist, award winning wildlife filmmaker, author, conservationist, whale watching captain and YouTube vlogger.